Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Seriously excited to start the SONP2013 "Summer of No Pants" Challenge


The Summer of No Pants! on Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky!

I am so excited to be doing this challenge. It is a great idea and such a fun time.  I will be sewing 4 skirts in the next 4 weeks and blogging about it here.  I hope you will enjoy my completed projects and might get inspired to sign up!  This is quite a challenge for me because as most Mom's I am only used to sewing for my kids who are perfectly cute sizes,  I however am a plus size and it does make it more challenging.  You will see my successes and flops so try to hard not to giggle. ;)  My first skirt is going to be a simple gathered tiered skirt done with my ruffler.  I am using the fantastic tips by the Scientific Seamstress Carla Hegeman Crim called "The Ruffler Unruffled".  This is a fantastic tutorial you can download for free here.  I would love to know what you are making as well so feel free to comment and share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment